Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Repost: Bogwood on Lindow Common

Real Name
    Dave

Repost: Bogwood on Lindow Common

Hi,

I posted this image a few days ago, and it was suggested that I try to separate out the bog wood from the background more. I've had a go at that, so here is the original, and the modified below. If anyone would be kind enough to comment, I'd be grateful. I re-posted since I assumed that the original would have been lost to interest now - please advise if this is not etiquette).

Thanks,

Dave

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Repost: Bogwood on Lindow Common

Hi Dave, you are moving in the right direction but you have a difficult image to make this kind of change with and it is sometimes hard to know just how far to go. There are two choices for the 'look'. One is to try to keep the image as original as possible and the other is to produce a pleasing abstract.

Either approach will take some experimenting to strike a balance between making the subject stand out just a bit more from the busy background and giving it an abstract look and feel.

As an abstract, it has fantastic detail and lots of interesting lines to explore!

For the natural look, the background may be too abrupt between sharp and soft.

Hope this helps!

Real Name
    Dave

Re: Repost: Bogwood on Lindow Common

Thanks again, Frank, for the feedback.

The abstract look was what I was looking for, so I guess I am on the right lines. I'll play a little more back at base.

Dave