Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Awkward place to contemplate about life.

  1. #1
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Awkward place to contemplate about life.

    Awkward place to contemplate about life.


    Thank you very much for viewing.


    Nikon D70, 80-200mm lens, ISO 800, f/8 at 1/320 second.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chandigarh, India
    Posts
    1,541
    Real Name
    Sahil Jain

    Re: Awkward place to contemplate about life.

    Ah, I wish those two guys on the left were not in the scene. But WYSIWYG. You can't do much about the placement of the subjects in street photography. Nice shot, Jiro. Very interesting.

  3. #3
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Awkward place to contemplate about life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
    Ah, I wish those two guys on the left were not in the scene. But WYSIWYG. You can't do much about the placement of the subjects in street photography. Nice shot, Jiro. Very interesting.
    Thanks, Sahil. That's exactly the beauty and the challenge of street photography - timing and composition.

  4. #4
    Moderator Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glenfarg, Scotland
    Posts
    19,707
    Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

    Re: Awkward place to contemplate about life.

    Willie

    I am just back from holiday/vacation and am trying to catch up with some of what I missed over the last 3 weeks.

    This one is is a beauty. The important lesson for me from viewing the development of your street photography work, is that any genre is not something in which we can immediately be an expert. You have now worked on this over a period of time and as well as enhancing your technical skills, I think, and I hope you agree, that you artistic abilities and skills have also developed significantly.

    So, although some people might think that they can just pick up a camera and start producing high quality street photography, what you have shown us is that it takes dedicated commitment to produce work of the sort of quality we see in this image.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Posts
    2,550
    Real Name
    Andre Burger

    Re: Awkward place to contemplate about life.

    Great capture, Jiro. Like it.

  6. #6
    gregj1763's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Launceston Tasmania
    Posts
    1,848
    Real Name
    Greg

    Re: Awkward place to contemplate about life.

    Willie,
    I am enjoying very much your series if street life photographs.
    All well composed and all with a story to tell.
    Fantastic
    Cheers, Greg

  7. #7
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Awkward place to contemplate about life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Willie

    I am just back from holiday/vacation and am trying to catch up with some of what I missed over the last 3 weeks.

    This one is is a beauty. The important lesson for me from viewing the development of your street photography work, is that any genre is not something in which we can immediately be an expert. You have now worked on this over a period of time and as well as enhancing your technical skills, I think, and I hope you agree, that you artistic abilities and skills have also developed significantly.

    So, although some people might think that they can just pick up a camera and start producing high quality street photography, what you have shown us is that it takes dedicated commitment to produce work of the sort of quality we see in this image.
    Thank you very much, Donald. You are very generous with your heart-warming words. Thanks! I'm pretty sure you have a lot of new images to share, too.
    Last edited by jiro; 11th July 2012 at 09:52 AM.

  8. #8
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Awkward place to contemplate about life.

    Quote Originally Posted by AB26 View Post
    Great capture, Jiro. Like it.
    Thanks, Andre.

  9. #9
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Awkward place to contemplate about life.

    Quote Originally Posted by gregj1763 View Post
    Willie,
    I am enjoying very much your series if street life photographs.
    All well composed and all with a story to tell.
    Fantastic
    Cheers, Greg
    Thank you very much, Greg.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •