Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: St. Malo's Chapel

Real Name
    Kathy

St. Malo's Chapel

Here are a couple of photo's of St. Malo's Chapel near Allenspark Colorado. Comments are welcome.

Kathy

St. Malo's Chapel

St. Malo's Chapel

St. Malo's Chapel

Real Name
    Richard

Re: St. Malo's Chapel

Very nice images... I like the first one the best but, all three are nice. I was very impressed with this rugged chapel when I visited RMNP....

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

The composition of the first one shows off the chapel the best. Taking advantage of the nice light in the background is icing on the cake. Nice exposures in all of them with vibrant but natual colors.

Real Name
    Kathy

Thank you Richard and Mike for taking the time to look at my photos, I really appreciate it. I am just a beginner and am hoping to get better with each photograph. Thanks again!

Kathy

Real Name
    Jon

Kathy, all three are very nice. I like the first one the most. I like the subtle reflections in the pond and the colors in the sky. Well done.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by plumcrak View Post
    Kathy, all three are very nice. I like the first one the most. I like the subtle reflections in the pond and the colors in the sky. Well done.
    Thank you so much Jon!

Kathy

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Kathy,

I like these two and agree that #1 is best.

I might like #3 more if what I think is barrel distortion where corrected (which I think should be possible pretty easily from a D5000 RAW capture in LR3.6, but I can't say where as I don't have LR). It may also benefit from some rotation + perspective correction to get the tallest window's edges parallel to the image sides.

On both #1 and #3; personally I would clone out the obvious floodlight sprouting up from within the foliage on its post, but you may not wish to.

I feel you have fully vindicated the purchase of the D5000 over your earlier, less capabable camera (L120), these (and others recently posted) show much progress made since you joined CiC

... and I hope you are still enjoying your photography - as you mentioned in one of your early posts.

Well done,