Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Down the trail

Real Name
    Myra

Down the trail

The main pupose of posting this photo is to show members from other parts of our world how beautiful it can be here in the summer. I always enjoy looking at postings from countries I will never have the chance to visit.

These three ladies are taking part in a x-country clinic with a well known rider/coach. I know that the gentleman's body is a bit of a distraction, but this photo was taken to document the clinic, so in this case he has to stay for context. It was about 28C during the early afternoon hours when this was taken. Hot and humid and a bit buggy. Loved it!

Down the trail
    947Z0751 ed by M.J. Hencher, on Flickr

Real Name
    Terri

Re: Down the trail

I love the colors in this shot and catching the horse with his head cocked to the side. I also like the perspective and the depth of the shot. It does look like a beautiful place to ride. Thanks for sharing it.

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Hi Myra,
    I also love looking at shots posted by members to see their part of the world. I would like a forum where we can post pictures to "brag" with the beauty of our countries.
    Myra if the purpose of this shot was to show the beauty of the place the riders were in, I would have stepped back without zooming in and used a wider field of view to show people more of the scene.
    I am not saying I do not like the photo, I just think you have missed your goal.
    For this spesific picture I would have cropped out the coaches arm or have him in the picture, completely.

I love the colours, the feeling of depth and focus on the horse in front.

Regards.

Real Name
    Myra

Yes, it's a vibrant time for colour

Andre, the posting purpose was to show what our woodlands look like. The actual purpose of taking the photo was to document the x-country jumping clinic that was taking place