Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: mums cat

Real Name
    Paul Matthews

mums cat

I was taking a couple of photo's of my mums car to list it for sale when i seen her cat in the garden trying to stalk. i tried to get a couple of photo's of him stalking but with no success and then i got these 2 of him. i couldn't edit them at my mums and had to download them, edit and upload whilst at home so the file quality might not be as good as hoped.

anyway let me know what you think please

mums cat

mums cat

I personally like the second one but would appreciate your views. the first image is not cropped either so please dont say its too close a crop as its just too close a pic

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: mums cat

Hi Paul,

I prefer the first because of the close framing, how that removes the extraneous background (in the second) and that you have the focus pretty darn good on the eyes. All the whiskers act as lead-in lines too.

If you were to attempt any PP, I'd suggest dimming down the highlight in lower left corner.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Mary

Hi Paul, I too like #1 the best for all the reasons that Dave said. The eyes are great.

They both show plenty of 'character' for the cat.

The only thing I wonder about is whether that bright spot in the bottom left corner of #1 is a little too bright.

Real Name
    Blake

I would also work on getting rid of the fringing around the outside edges in the fur. Tough to do but an excellent thing to practice. I love the framing though!