Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A hundred years of story.

Real Name
    Marco Andrade

A hundred years of story.

One of my favorite shots till today. This abandoned house has a small story, 100 years ago it was a farmer's house but according to the story, 3 families lived there, I dunno if that is even possible (The house is no bigger then a bathroom) but that is the story. Anyway I though it would be interesting to put it in BW and actually stood out, plus this was experimenting the Sigma 8-16 wide angle. Vignetting is intentional.

Peter I tried to follow your advise, but the result was a slight lighten photo but take a look.

Last edited by MFCA; 2nd July 2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Trying to follow an advise

Real Name
    Peter

Re: A hundred years of story.

It is a compelling photo Marco and it looks good.
    There are two things that I noticed: the grass is very dark, have you tried the B&W version with a green, red and blue mask to see what comes out best?
    The second thing is the stone itself, also very dark here and there. If I enlarge the photo the dark draws my attention, the sky comes second.

Real Name
    Terri

The composition on this is beautiful. I love the perspective on the the building and the way the clouds radiate around it.

Real Name
    Marco Andrade

Thank you both for your comments , Letrow I really tough of doing that but was always in doubt in which way the photo would be at its best. I will try to play a bit with the RGB a bit and will repost over here so we can compare.