Thread: how to remove glare

Real Name
    Luis

how to remove glare

Hello
    I did a photoshoot of a wedding and didnt noticed the glare on the glasses until I started to work on the pictures. Is there any way that I can remove this in PS without cloning too much? Is there something that can be done by adjusting contrast, etc?

how to remove glare

Real Name
    John

Re: how to remove glare

Hi Luis,
    not sure if we have spoken before, but if not it's nice to talk to you.

You my friend, IMO have given yourself a lot of problems here. I peronally have never had much Success in removing glare on glasses and always take extra care during the picture taking stage to advoid it. You could try a low percentage ‘burn’ brush in the area to try and reduce the visibility of the glare. Cloning, as you say is possible but I never think it looks natural.
    I will be following this thread to see what other members advise, as it will be a learning curve for me as well.

Kind regards

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Luis and welocome to CiC! You can get a number of tutorials and videos specific to this issue by searching for "How to Use Photoshop to Remove Glare from Glasses". One that I have used is: http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1025305.

Hopes this helps!

Real Name
    Luis

thank you Frank, will try it and thanks for the welcoming to the group

Real Name
    Luis

thanks, and yup although Ive been following the page and tutorials I have not been really active until just now. Im trying to get more serious about my photography as time allows it.
    Its been a challenge to remove the glare and trying to do my best, will post a pic of the final product to see how I did.

thanks again