Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Rear of Town Hall

Real Name
    Pat

Rear of Town Hall

Hi Folks,
    This is the rear of the local Town Hall, it is surrounded by a consevatory made of heavy duty tinted glass, the shot was taken from a good distance away across the estuary at 400mm. Your thoughts, comments, and critique would be most welcome, I'm not sure if the photograph works or does justice to the building.
    Best Wishes Pat.

Rear of Town Hall

Real Name
    John

Re: Rear of Town Hall

Hi Pat,
    I think this is one of those pictures that does not give the same impact to the viewer, as it did to you when it was taken.

I do find the lay-out of the doors and windows interesting, but I like architecture and often take these types of pictures myself. I think you need somehow to find a stronger focal point, something to draw the viewer’s eye into the picture, at the moment it got a 'abstract' feel to it.
    I’m not sure about the dark area at the bottom; would you consider a different crop? reducing the dark area at the bottom and sides of the building.
    I would like to see the building from another angle, do you have any other views of the building? I would like to see them.
    Regards
    John

Real Name
    Pat

Re: Rear of Town Hall

Hi John,
    Thank you for your comments. I agree that the image needs a strong focal point and as it stands it is just lifeless.
    At the moment the weather here is brutal but when it picks up I shall have a look at shooting that part of the building from different angles.
    Best Wishes, Pat