Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Olympic Torch

Real Name
    Carolyn

Olympic Torch

I got lucky with this capture - at least I think so. He is nearly five years old, on his grandpa's shoulders above the crowd watching for the (real) Olympic Torch to come by.
    Suggestions as to how to improve it in PP would be most welcome.

Olympic Torch

Nikon D70S

Real Name
    Philip

Re: Olympic Torch

What a splendid torch, Carolyn - more colourful flames than the real thing! I would just brighten it up a bit - playing around with the fill-light, brightness, contrast, saturation, and sharpness controls in your software, to make the image pop a bit more - e.g.

Olympic Torch

Philip

Real Name
    Bernard Boyle

Hi Carolyn, here,s my grand daughter with Olympic torch,she,s on left of photo a very touching moment......Olympic Torch

Real Name
    Carolyn

Thanks Philip- I love vivid, especially for things like this and often wonde rif I over do it- but youu have made it really zing! Thanks, I will brighten with confidence now.

Real Name
    Carolyn

Wow Benjy- you must be so proud! What a moment!
    Charlie saw the torch from his vantage point- alas, his little sisters and I only grabbed a glimpse as we were at the very end of the leg and the bearer sprinted past and the crowd surged forward as he/she (didn't actually see) into the bus to move on to the next town. It was a wonderful atmosphere though and I thnk the children will at least remember the experience forever, especially Charlie.

Real Name
    Bernard Boyle

Hi Carolyn, eyes filled up very proud,hope you don,t mind me posting it on your thread I,m not too sure about PP etc but can see a difference in Charlies photo ....well done

Real Name
    Carolyn

Quote Originally Posted by Benjy View Post
    Hi Carolyn, eyes filled up very proud,hope you don,t mind me posting it on your thread I,m not too sure about PP etc but can see a difference in Charlies photo ....well done
    I don't mind at all... if others wish to use the thread to post their Olympic torch pics, the more the merrier.

I would love to claim the improved version as my own, buut it was Philip who did it to show what can be done. I shall be trying to emulate the techniques he suggests myself just as soon as.