Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Birds...Advice On Printing

Real Name
    Joe

Birds...Advice On Printing

Below are three of my favorite images. I would like to have these printed but have no knowledge of what would look best. Canvas? Metal Prints? Normal prints matted and framed? Should they be color corrected by the lab? Any advice would be appreciated.

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Birds...Advice On Printing

Joe,
    I'd probably keep with simple, a good quality matt paper with a surround and framed, natural wood (oak or ash) or black. Nos. 2 & 3 might look pretty good sandwiched in perspex with a black rear layer - pricey and no idea where you'd get that done commercially though. Nice shots - certainly merit printing and framing.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Joe: I would check around a couple of the local camera clubs, usually someone there has a higher end print ie: epson 4900 to 7900 printer. If not then they will know of someone. Myself I would suggest for the first one a good high end Rag paper the other two especially the 3rd one something like Epson Exhibation Fibre which is a very bright white stock as I would like those white feathers to jump out of the image. If you work with a camera club member with a high end printer, you now work with them and can see what your image will look like before you give the OK to print. At a lab you get what they give you, however if you have worked with them before they then they are familiar with what you want and expect. Welcome to the wonderful world of printing.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Steve

Joe, the first one , i would print on a high quality satin paper. Beautiful photo...............!!!!!!

Real Name
    John

All great shots but I think the second is the pick.
    John

Real Name
    Joe

Thank you to all who responded. I have made notes of all your suggestions and will investigate them to learn more about printing or having them printed. While I know what I like on the computer screen, printing is a whole new world but a step I feel must be taken to go to the next level. Once again thanks to all.