Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: He loves me, he loves me not...

Real Name
    Abhi

He loves me, he loves me not...

On her wedding day...

Canon 550D, 1/80s@f/2.8, ISO 1600
    Last edited by abhi; 20th June 2012 at 03:56 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: He loves me, he loves me not...

Hmmm, not sure I'd play that game on my wedding day, 50% chance of getting upset over nothing!

Welcome back Abhi, don't think we'cve seen you for a while?

Great timing and motion blur to 'give it life'

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hmmm, not sure I'd play that game on my wedding day, 50% chance of getting upset over nothing!

Welcome back Abhi, don't think we'cve seen you for a while?

Great timing and motion blur to 'give it life'
    Thanks, Dave. I had been away for some time as I moved to a different city, and a new job. I had been just too busy with other things to spend much time on photography. Hope to be more involved at CiC again.

As for the game, in this case I believe it ended on a happy note. I did not dare ask

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

I love the idea of the shot, the playfulness of the bride, her own way of passing up the time before a very important part of her life will come. On the technical side, I really appreciate how you controlled the exposure on the highlights. The whites on the wedding dress is exposed just right for me. I wish it was composed on a landscape frame and the POV is little bit more to the right but still a good shot it is. Good job, Abhi!

Real Name
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    I love the idea of the shot, the playfulness of the bride, her own way of passing up the time before a very important part of her life will come. On the technical side, I really appreciate how you controlled the exposure on the highlights. The whites on the wedding dress is exposed just right for me. I wish it was composed on a landscape frame and the POV is little bit more to the right but still a good shot it is. Good job, Abhi!
    Thank you for your words of encouragement, Jiro. And thanks to bracketing

I would have also preferred a landscape shot giving more room to her and the petals. But there were others to my side and the portrait orientation helped to keep them out of the frame (you can still see something creep in on the lower right side). And I had no advance warning to choose my location.

What saves this particular shot for me, are the petals that make a curve on the right edge. I feel that this curve helps keep the eyes from wandering out of the frame.