Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: First post

First post

Long time reader, first time poster!

Love the tutorial site and decided to check out the forum. Been tinkering with photography here recently and would love to get non-biased comments. Here we go.

P.S. I know the focus is real soft with the baby in the walker, first day with my new 50mm f/1.4 and was actually shot at 1.4.

First post
    First post
    First post

Re: First post

Very nice images! Comments per req:

1. A nice image however it would have been better if you could have positioned yourself and/or the people so that you could see a little bit of their faces; right now at a glance it almost appears that there's a faceless person there. Oddly enough (I think becuase of the muted tones, which I really like) the blown highlights don't detract from the image. Good choice of PP.

2. A classic picture and a well done B&W. It would be nice to have a little more of the float that the dogs are standing on visible, and the object in the lower right is somewhat distracting, but still a good capture.

3. You've already explained the softness issue, other than that, not much to say. This one is more of a 'family snapshot' than a photograph in my opinion.

Keep up the good work; very much looking forward to seeing more from you!

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary

~John

its nice to give more importance to the animals with humans in the frame.still, i caught myself gazing more at the horse face its jaw.its lips.eyes,hair on its neck capturing the moment of the baby,feeling the horse with her hand is nice
    In the second pic,the dogs again dominating the frame,shows u love animals
    Finally the last but not least,the baby's expression is very well captured 50mm..1.4 is a very fast lens,my favorite lens....very good for lowlight photography one must be careful with the focus point with a such a lens.

Thanks for info! Hope to post some more soon.