Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Fox

Real Name
    john ingham

Fox

Just getting into film making , but here are a few snaps of some of my other work, taken on my Fuji S3 pro

Fox

Fox

Fox

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Fox

Wonderful clarity in these. I was wondering if the first one was just a little over-sharpened?

Yes I agree with Donald. Probably a case for some selective sharpening to apply just to the eyes and nose not the grass etc.

Real Name
    john ingham

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Yes I agree with Donald. Probably a case for some selective sharpening to apply just to the eyes and nose not the grass etc.
    yes guys you are totally right, the reason i sharpened them was...I was finding after down sizing to photobucket the shots were being compressed ..but in this case the 1st pic has been over sharpened

the originals do look more realistic

thankyou for the kind remarks

john

Real Name
    Bobo

Beautiful shots.

One walked right by me yesterday and I did not have a camera with me.

Real Name
    Matt

I'm stunned. These are excellent. Was the fox stuffed?
    Just kidding. Seriously well done. Amazing work.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi John,

All I can do is eccho the other's comments.

Well done - and welcome to the CiC forums from .....

Real Name
    Paul

Beautiful images.

Real Name
    john ingham

Thanks for the kind words,
    the fox was hanging about in a quarry, I was working there for a couple of days replacing a floor in the office.
    the lads use to throw the odd scrap out the window and the fox found a good food supply...

i took the camera on the 2nd day and just sat on the grass .the fox came for his scraps and i just started to click away...in the end the fox was laying down about 4 feet from me as i was sitting down too...its a great experience when you can get close to wild life like this

john

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by John ingham View Post
    yes guys you are totally right, the reason i sharpened them was...I was finding after down sizing to photobucket the shots were being compressed ..but in this case the 1st pic has been over sharpened

the originals do look more realistic

thankyou for the kind remarks

john
    Actually John, if you look closely at the white hairs on the right side of the second one, you can see a black halo around the hairs. Conversly, there is the occasional white halo on the black hairs, particularly on the back of the first one.

I don't mention this to make you feel bad but rather to help you identify one way that you can tell, while sharpening, just how far to go. Another thing to keep an eye out for while applying sharpening is a gritty 'salt and pepper' look that doesn't appear in the original.

If you haven't seen it as yet, take a look at this tutorial that explains what causes this and how to effectively apply sharpening.

https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tu...sharpening.htm

Hope this helps!

An excellent set of images, I like them very much!

Real Name
    john ingham

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Actually John, if you look closely at the white hairs on the right side of the second one, you can see a black halo around the hairs. Conversly, there is the occasional white halo on the black hairs, particularly on the back of the first one.

I don't mention this to make you feel bad but rather to help you identify one way that you can tell, while sharpening, just how far to go. Another thing to keep an eye out for while applying sharpening is a gritty 'salt and pepper' look that doesn't appear in the original.

If you haven't seen it as yet, take a look at this tutorial that explains what causes this and how to effectively apply sharpening.

https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tu...sharpening.htm

Hope this helps!

An excellent set of images, I like them very much!

Hi Frank,
    I never take criticism as a bad thing, We never stop learning, and by giving one and other advice and tips can only ever be a good thing.

I am just getting into filming and have been lucky enough to be taken under the wing by some cracking lads who just keep giving me great advice..in turn i take it on board and practice practice practice

just off to look at your link..many thanks Frank

john