Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Man sitting on pavement.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Man sitting on pavement.

This image was taken during my one-day solo photo-walk in Quiapo, Manila.

I was standing near the entrance of the Quiapo church looking, waiting for something interesting to happen or to notice that I can capture with my camera. I saw a couple of kids sharing a piece of food and I took some shots. After a couple of minutes waiting, this man walked in front of the church, looked around, and then, for some reason, sat on the pavement and just stare at the people passing him by. He sat there for about a minute or two and then stood up, and he was gone in the same way that he came. . . just like that. When I took this picture I was about 8 -10 feet away from him and did not even bother to look at me or at my camera.

Man sitting on pavement.

Thank you very much for viewing.

Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens, ISO 200, f/4.5 at 1/60

Real Name
    Jason

Re: Man sitting on pavement.

Wow this is very interesting. I love the expression of the subject and also how he is almost floating in front of the bokeh. I must also commend your bravery for getting so close to take this. Sometimes people that do strange things don't take well to having their photo taken. But again I must say this is really really good.

Real Name

Thanks for dropping by and liking the photo, Jason. I appreciate it. thanks!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Excellent B & W work, again.

I wondered, Willie, why you chose to keep that woman on the left in the frame. I wondered how it would be if she was cropped out?

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Excellent B & W work, again.

I wondered, Willie, why you chose to keep that woman on the left in the frame. I wondered how it would be if she was cropped out?
    Thank you very much, Donald. I was trying to keep this geometry:

Man sitting on pavement.

The problem is, I pressed the shutter just about milliseconds too early from the right moment where both legs of the lady texting on the left is inside the frame. If you would notice, the lady on the right is going inward coming from the right while the girl on the left is also going inward coming from the left direction. One is facing the camera while the other one is facing behind. Juxtapositions again.

Here is the crop without the girl on the left.

Man sitting on pavement.