Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly...

Real Name
    Joe

Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly...

I discovered this butterfly flitting around our Star Jasmine shrub. I had to use the same shutter speed used for shooting birds in flight because the butterfly was moving quickly from blossom to blossom. C&C always welcome.

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly...

Nice Swallow tail Joe. I like the light and DOF of #3 but I wish he had waited to dive in so deep and hide some of himself. I have only seen two so far this year. Just has not warmed enough. Dragonfly's too, I have seen two. lol

Real Name
    Bobo

Great captures, well done. Have only seen 2 but have not stopped on anything to get a shot.

Judging by how they fly bird settings are probably best but you know that already.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    Nice Swallow tail Joe. I like the light and DOF of #3 but I wish he had waited to dive in so deep and hide some of himself. I have only seen two so far this year. Just has not warmed enough. Dragonfly's too, I have seen two. lol
    Thanks Paul, I like #3 also the sun shining through the wings saturates the color. The others were in the shade with the colors not so bright. Hang in there buddy, I guess warm weather is coming although I am not familiar with your weather. Here now it is in the low 90's late afternoon everyday, it will be that way until mid September.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Great captures, well done. Have only seen 2 but have not stopped on anything to get a shot.

Judging by how they fly bird settings are probably best but you know that already.
    Thanks Bobo, I know of what your write about them not stopping on anything, and when they do it is for ever so brief a second.