Thread: ND-filter

Real Name
    Matthis

ND-filter

ND-filterThis is my first try with my fuji x100 and I tried to get some ideas about the built in ND-filter.

As you can see I used some Photoshop, but if you have some ideas about my exposure, please tell me.

The next ones will be better...

I just at the beginning of digital photography, so cut me some slag.

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: ND-filter

Use a tripod and you will get a better shot. The things that move will blur and the stationary things (trees and road) will be sharp.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Hello there. Thanks for joining CiC. Great to have you here.

As it says at the top, this is an online learning resource and you'll find lots of people on here will be very happy to help you with constructive advice and guidance.

First thing thought - You've maybe seen that most of us tend to use our real names on here. It makes communication more friendly and CiC is that sort of site. Did you know you can go to Edit Profile and enter your proper name under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Given that you are at the beginning of the learning curve so far as digital photography is concerned, I think you set yourself quite a complicated and complex challenge with this one. Good on you for experimenting. However, I wonder if it might be better mastering the more straightforward approaches to image-making before trying anything too challenging. For example, you referred to to your post-processing with photoshop. Whether it is Photoshop or one of the many other post-processing packages out there, it's very much a case of building up slowly from the basics to the more complex. If you try and go for the complex stuff at the beginning you'll lose out on getting all those basic things under your belt first.

So, keep going. Keep practicing and practicing. But don't make life too complicated for yourself at the beginning.

Real Name
    Matthis

ND-filter

Thank you Donald,

I think I will get used to way very soon and I hope I can achieve a better level soon.

Thank you very much for your advise, I will stick to some more privacy here...

I hope you can help me, when I am posting some more "basic" photos in this forum! Like This one... I really like the object but I am not sure, if I put right in place! I thought about some b/w but then the b/w snail would be not so much in the foreground.

Thanks and cheers, matthis
    Last edited by hukipola; 12th June 2012 at 04:46 PM.