Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Lonely Tree

Real Name
    Jon

Lonely Tree

Finally...I have made it back to my favorite tree. I only got a couple shots before I had to move my truck (yes, I am at work...don't tell my boss) due to a herd of cattle being driven down the road. I am fond of the colour version because of the sky, but I am still drawn to the B&W more so. C&C welcome.
    Lonely Tree
    Lonely Tree

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Lonely Tree

I think I agree with you, Jon. I think there's huge potential in the B & W, but, at the moment, I wonder if the tones are too similar across the image? I think that maybe the crop needs lightened a bit and the sky darkened. In other words, I'd suggest that maybe the tonal range needs increased.

I don't suggest that you should follow my idea, but this one, that I made from my visit to the Beaujolais region of France last year might give you some idea of what I mean.

Real Name
    Jon

Donald, Thanks for your input. After studying your image I see what you are getting at. I will play around with it tonight and see what I think. Your photos are absolutely stunning and I would be very happy if I could get lucky enough to even get close to your quality. I always appreciate your opinions.

Thanks,
    Jon

Real Name
    John

Hi Jon
    I am still looking for a favorite tree so you can feel happy that you have your's
    John