Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Color Sampler target

Real Name
    Russell

Color Sampler target

Hi, Is there a way to change the size of the Color Sampler target before or after placing it onto a photograph in Photoshop. I no you can zoom in & out of an image but this just adds time to PP and does not really increase the size of the Color Sampler target
    I like to use for colour correction but find it hard to place the cursor on the target when using my tablet pen.
    Many Thanks
    Russ

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Color Sampler target

Sorry Russ, I'm not connecting here. What do you mean "Color Sampler Target"?

Real Name
    Lennart Elg

Color Sampler target

This changes the size of the target sampled.
    Or is your problem really the size of the cursor on the screen? In that case, try Edit/Preferences/Cursors ..

Real Name
    Russell

Hi, I have tried to capture the sampler point from a DVD as I do not have P/S on this computer.
    The star like mark left on the photo after you have clicked with the Colour sample tool is what I need to make bigger not the sample area like 3x3 or 5x5
    Many Thanks
    Russ
    Color Sampler target
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Joe

Can I assume it is a matter of seeing or locating the marker later and you would like to enlarge that marker....If so I suggest you try the Adobe Forum. I get help there for unusual problems.

Real Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by jusoljoe View Post
    Can I assume it is a matter of seeing or locating the marker later and you would like to enlarge that marker....If so I suggest you try the Adobe Forum. I get help there for unusual problems.
    Hi, Thanks for the reply. Went onto the Adobe website but it has got to be the most complicated site I have come across. Wanted to ask the question but spent so much time getting re-directed back to the same page I was on two pages ago and still could now work out how to ask a question so gave it up as got no hair left.
    Russ

Real Name
    Joe

Sory for the misdirection Russell. I guess I lucked out when I found the same question I was asking had already bee asked and answered. It was a quickie for me. I don't know the answer to your question, but I have found no adjustments to that tool beyond those offered by the tool size as already mentioned. If you find a solution, please advise us!

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Went onto the Adobe website but it has got to be the most complicated site I have come across. Wanted to ask the question but spent so much time getting re-directed back to the same page I was on two pages ago and still could now work out how to ask a question so gave it up as got no hair left.
    Know what you mean about that. And do try finding info on old stuff like PSE6, instead of buying the latest like you 'sposed to ;-)

For what it's worth, in PSE 6, you go Edit/Preferences/Display&Cursors and are greeted with:

Color Sampler target

There, you find out that "Other Cursors" can not be re-sized. "Standard' just replaces the target cursor thingy with a stupid mini-icon like the picker pen, the cropping scissors, etc. but the cursor's action does not change.

Your Adobe prog. may be the same, unfortunately.

Ted
    Last edited by xpatUSA; 16th June 2012 at 06:58 PM.