Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Alone in Mist

Real Name
    Abhishek Vershney

Alone in Mist

saw this only flower on a hilly area n mist.....
    Comments are welcomed......

Alone in Mist

Real Name
    Abhishek Vershney

Re: Alone in Mist

same pic in bigger size...
    Alone in Mist

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I think the colours and tones are lovely. However, I'm not sure that the flower is a significant enough part of the image to be the main subject. I do not know what opportunities existed for you to get much closer in and look at the options for composition that would still have retained other interesting features as well as the colours and tones, but would have made the flower a much larger part of the image. This would have left us in no doubt as to what the subject of the picture was.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I agree with Dave. The lovely tone of the image makes me think you could eliminate the flower. I would also consider eliminating the telephone pole and its wires, as they detract from the very romantic nature of the image. I hope you can return to this place and continue to work it.

Real Name
    Abhishek Vershney

Thank you Donald and Mike for your comments. This is the only site where you can get some wonderful critics like you.
    @Donald: Even I thought going closer to flower but this place was a restricted area and poor me, had only kit lense that time.
    @Mike: This place is too far from my home place, so dont think I'll be able to go there again and will get a chance to shoot again.
    I'll try to edit this image again and lets see how it looks like after removing this flower and telephone pole.

Quote Originally Posted by varshneyabhi View Post
    saw this only flower on a hilly area n mist.....
    Comments are welcomed......

Alone in Mist
    First of all I like the message.But to be powerful the simplifying through cropping is needed.Then with gradient tool we make inoffensive those to much details from the left and we meet the right side to create a kind of equilibrium.Because the flower is not sharp enough we increase it with free transform to be over the barbed wire and to be more a blood stain than a flower.So a flash more sharp and a zoom during photographing process was needed,of course all I said is my opinion only so you must not take into account.
    Alone in Mist
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 30th May 2012 at 07:16 PM.

Real Name
    Sharon

I like what Radu has done with this.

I certainly wouldn't consider cloning out the rose..the very thing that speaks to me in the shot is the juxstaposition of the rose and the barbed wire

Nature imprisoned.