Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: River Snags

Real Name
    Ken Outch

River Snags

A black and white conversion of some of the debris which is slowly choking our river to boat traffic. We are no longer allowed to clear fallen trees or limbs which must be left where they fall. With the preponderance of gum trees lining the river which frequently shed large limbs it will not belong before the river is totally impassable to the small ten foot 'tinnies' so beloved of local fishermen. I am sure the environmentalists who call the shots on this matter have good reasons for the ban. Anyway this is not soap box time but all about improving one's PTS. ( PTS? Piccie taking skills, of course! What else could it mean? )
    Thanks for viewing and any comments posted.

River Snags

River Snags

Real Name
    Al

Re: River Snags

Hi Ken. I like the shot, and it's a great subject for B&Wm but I wonder what software and procedure you used for the conversion. The B&W rendition looks over-sharpened to me, and there is some sort of vertical banding artifact visible in the water in front of the lowest tree limb. This is most easily seen by viewing in the lightbox at the largest size. I really have no idea what caused the banding effect, but once you see it, it attracts the eye like a magnet.