Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: One fast...One slow

Real Name
    Jon

One fast...One slow

I was up to the cabin the other day for a brief visit. It was high noon, the sun was blazing and not a cloud in the sky. I was looking for the Heron but just as I pulled in, he flew off. Just my luck. Oh well, I was going to shoot something, anything that I could find. There were a couple of swans on the other side of the pond...too far away. Just my luck. So here comes a Red-winged Blackbird, OK, you will do. Have you ever noticed that birds are fast and camera shy?
    One fast...One slow
    Hey, look at this...it is not moving.
    One fast...One slow
    Nah...boring.
    As I was headed back to the truck I almost stepped on this guy. Now this guy is more my speed.
    One fast...One slow
    One fast...One slow
    One fast...One slow

C&C always welcome.

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: One fast...One slow

Nice series. RWBBs are pretty hard to catch but you did ok with this one.

Turtles - nice too.

For next time, go for the eyes. I you cannot due to distance try to match the subject to the surroundings so that it appears as more like a landscape shot then a bird shot. For things on the ground, go low, real low. But you must take the obligatory from above shots too for the record.

Real Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Nice series. RWBBs are pretty hard to catch but you did ok with this one.

Turtles - nice too.

For next time, go for the eyes. I you cannot due to distance try to match the subject to the surroundings so that it appears as more like a landscape shot then a bird shot. For things on the ground, go low, real low. But you must take the obligatory from above shots too for the record.
    Thanks Bobo. The only problem with getting really low was the ground was covered with Goose poop and I had to go back to work. I think they would have noticed that.

Real Name
    Bobo

Quote Originally Posted by plumcrak View Post
    Thanks Bobo. The only problem with getting really low was the ground was covered with Goose poop and I had to go back to work. I think they would have noticed that.

True, same here but if you watch where you step it is usually ok. I do carry some disposable biodegradable type plastic sheets (table covers) for laying on the ground just in case. These are cut in half as the full sheet can be enough to lie on. Great for those kneeling shots and laying down equipment in messy places.

But despite that I did once step into a big pile of really stinky poop and had to spend quite a bit of time at a nearby stream cleaning up. Goes to show how well one is prepared is no guarantee.
    Last edited by Bobobird; 24th May 2012 at 09:10 PM.