Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Window Washer

Real Name
    N/A

Window Washer

I'm very new at DSLR photography and only have a little experience with post production in photoshop.

Took this out the window of my office the other day. I'm pleased with the composition, however, I think I overdid it on the editing in photoshop. The RAW looked a little bland so I played with some overlay layers, blending and vignetting.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Shot with my D700 (f/5.0, 1/100, 100ISO, 78mm)

Window Washer

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Window Washer

Hi Aaron and welcome to CIC. What are you bring to achieve with this image? in what way do think you over didi it? composition wise id loose the part windows on the left and top with a crop (its a pity you didn't get the whole of the window on the right hand side in. did you deliberately make half the image out of focus? personally id try it in black and white and bump up the contrast. hope that helps.

Real Name
    N/A

Re: Window Washer

Hey Mark, thanks for the reply.

Good question with what I'm trying to achieve with this image... I'm not really sure, just looked out my window at work randomly and saw this guy across the way so I started taking shots. I do wish I got a more even composition with the windows on the right. I did add a vignette and iris blur round the guy to bring the eye towards him rather then the windows to his right.

Just made some modifications based on your feedback. I cropped the top and left out, converted to a higher contrast black and white. I also lowered the vignette and iris blur (and increased the radius of the blur so it goes more across the image).

I this his pants may still be too dark (seems to blend together there). I do wish I got those windows on the right more, that would have improved the composition greatly. As it is, there is a noticeable curve on the lower right window which is now accentuated by the cropping... is there anyway to compensate for that in photoshop?

Thanks again for the feedback!

Aaron

Window Washer