Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Some help with some wedding photos

Real Name
    Mark Limin

Some help with some wedding photos

I was called this weekend to help out a friend.the wedding he was at the photographer that was hired never showed up .My friend knowing I am a photographer called and aked if Iwould comwe to help save the day for his friends .I have shot a few weddinds before dont like to but have .The location chosen for the photos was to say challanging .My problem to get the nice skin tones i an losing the nice blue water and sky is there a way to have both .Due to the fact there was only a small space of time to complete everything I was not able to more to a more sutabvle location .is there a way to get the sky and water a little more natural looking while saving skin tones and the dress colors
    I use PS4 and lightroom
    any suggestions

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Some help with some wedding photos

Mark

May I suggest that you post some examples of what you are meaning and then people will be able to advise you.

You might also wish to make a RAW file available to those who think they might be able to work on it and then better advise you what to do. You could post this into an account at a site such as www.mediafire.com and then paste the URL link into a message here so that people can go to it and download it.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Hi Mark,

Were you shooting RAW format?

Did you include a gray card in any of the shots?

Are you familiar with the GND tool in CS4 / LR?

Real Name
    Mark Limin

hi I will post some of the photos with luck later tonight when home from my real job that pays the bills.
    I always shoot in RAW sorry should have said .
    The gnd tool sorry no do not know it going to learn now i think

Real Name
    Mark Limin

here are three of the photos Some help with some wedding photosSome help with some wedding photos

Real Name
    Mark Limin

Some help with some wedding photos

Real Name
    Marcia Gold

Hey you did a great job! Here's a couple of tips that might help. (Lightroom 3 or 4) First, straighten any images with a crooked horizon, using R for crop, and rotate until straight. To make the sky and water bluer, go to the HSL panel, select Luminance, select the TAT (Targeted Adjustment Tool) which looks like a little target at the top left of the panel; go to the sky, click and drag down. It will make the sky bluer. Then press ESC or re-dock the tool to get rid of it. Unfortunately, it will also make wedding dresses bluer because they always reflect the sky. So open the Local Adjustment brushes (press K), select Saturation from the drop down, lower it, and paint her dress to get the blue out. Use the mouse wheel to adjust brush size easily. Maybe throw in some clarity and brightness. To see what you've painted, hit O. Don't paint on her arm! Hope this helps. Oh, and Vibrance slider will bump up the colors in an image without affecting skin tones.

Real Name
    Marcia Gold

Oh, and add a vignette. Color Priority. Be subtle. Will really help darken the edges while intensifying the color and pull your eye onto the main subjects.