Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Alien World Set

Alien World Set

Doning my full chemotoxic protection suit I apprehensively crossed the threshold of my daughters bedroom (with full authorisation...in triplicate). I think my lens coating has peeled off with the brightness. Was it worth it mmm I am not sure

No1

Alien World Set

No2

Alien World Set

No3
    Alien World Set

No4
    Alien World Set

No5
    Alien World Set

No6

Alien World Set

No7
    Alien World Set

Real Name
    Jack

Re: Alien World Set

Ouch!!!! My eyes!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Brilliant Steve,

I think I'd leave the colours in the photo's though, not your frames

Great series; 'raising tha bar' again.
    Waaay above my level, so no suggestions, they all look great to me.

Well done,

Nice I like all of them but think 2 is my fav. Only one thing I would suggest is the frame on no7 is dark instead of white, either black like others or dark grey like anthracite grey as I find the white gets my attention too much. Same with no5 but as that image is dark maybe a lighter frame but a blue like cerulean or steel blue to coordinate with the subject (or a magenta or amethyst to contrast with the subject and match the little heart).

Other than that there isn't anything I could add. I wouldn't know were to start in making such mundane shots look half as interesting .

Yah number 2 is my fav also very vivid pic...u let your daughter go out liek that? hehe just kidding...

Thankyou for your positive comments.

I think I'd leave the colours in the photo's though, not your frames
    Dave; Looking at this on the forum I wholeheartedly agree...what was I thinking

Davey; I am going to experiment as you suggest. Anything but white and cerise

u let your daughter go out liek that?
    I seem to have little choice with my eldest daughter I am afraid. However, this shoe is actually a telephone

Steve

Real Name
    António Correia

Very, very nice. All of them.

Real Name
    Jack

Now my daughter wants a shoe phone...

Your daughter isn't the only one, now I want a shoe phone too! A pink stiletto like that, sad part is I'm not joking hehehehe.

Great pictures. Very creative. Isn't there a thread on here "Mundane made interesting" (or something like that)?

Real Name
    Matt Fannin

I have to say, that's a new one for this forum !

Good to see the site expanding into more different categories .

Thankyou for the kind comments. I do like the challenge of photographing the mundane. I seem to remember the shoe phone was £9.99 GBP at shop called New Look. Very popular outlet for the teenies over here. I took my daughters once (me having the charge card). I was left standing in the underwear department whilst they tried on clothes. This is where a cell phone is at its most useful since you can pretend to be absorbed in the display settings. Then I thought I could be mistaken for using my phones camera so I quickly put it away and resumed my intimate study of the sprinkler system.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Thankyou for the kind comments. I do like the challenge of photographing the mundane. I seem to remember the shoe phone was £9.99 GBP at shop called New Look. Very popular outlet for the teenies over here. I took my daughters once (me having the charge card). I was left standing in the underwear department whilst they tried on clothes. This is where a cell phone is at its most useful since you can pretend to be absorbed in the display settings. Then I thought I could be mistaken for using my phones camera so I quickly put it away and resumed my intimate study of the sprinkler system.
    Too funny!

Very nice shots. I don't have much knowledge how these types shots are taken. Is the lighting a bit tricky for these shots?

Yan

My equipment does not stretch to much at present so all these shots are taken using natural light from a window and a Speed Light mounted on camera. The Speed Light is set to ETTL and the camera set to Manual 1/200 sec shutter and aperture set to whatever DoF effect I think I may want. For these shots the Speed light is set FEC -1 stop. If I need to soften the flash further I tape doubled up sheet of kitchen tissue over the flash head. I do have a short cord to use the flash ETTL off camera (when I use my flash bracket) but it is not long enough to be much use with these shots so I bounce of ceiling and walls to taste. I do have a video flood with barn doors but I get hassled with fancy lighting set ups so I am taking things one step at a time.