Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cityscape in B&W

Real Name
    Allan Short

Cityscape in B&W

Played around with these images, which orginally I processed as what some would say was the colourful side. This morning it hit me, what about B&W, I think this is the way I should have went in the first place as it was late evening for most of them. Well I never pretented that I was a rocket scientist, but I do know one.

Cheers:

Allan

Cityscape in B&W

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Cityscape in B&W

Hi Allan,

I quite like that, nicely processed.
    (Hint to others; must be viewed full size; hit F11 and then open in Lytebox).

It is a slight shame the row boat is so central in the composition and I am undecided if the duck contributes or distracts.
    Another suggestion is to shave just 10% off the lower edge, the again 'de-centres' the horizon some more and makes more of the sky, but I'd suggest not going too far, the tower's reflection doesn't want to touch the lower edge of frame, or it takes the eye out of the image.

Cheers,

Just wondering if a bit of further processing could turn this into a 'moonlight shot'.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Wonderful Allan. It works for me. Only comment is it would be interesting to see the bottom cropped more to bring that boat into the picture more, either way I like it.