Thread: Luss Village by Loch Lomond

Real Name
    Bernard Boyle

Luss Village by Loch Lomond

Any comments would be most helpful Luss Village by Loch Lomond

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Luss Village by Loch Lomond

Bernard - In my opinion, that is, by a long way, the best image that you've posted up on CiC. Well done.

I'd maybe crop a little bit more from the top to cut out the loch behind the islands.

You must have done a fair bit of walking up the hill to get that one.

Real Name
    Sharon

Lovely stuff...a wee bit o' space on the top til get the hilltops in and wi some breathing room...superb!!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

There you go. Within three minutes you get two different ideas. That's the fun of photography!

Real Name
    Sharon

Donald is probably right though!

Real Name
    Bernard Boyle

Donald/Sharon,many thanks for your kind comments,they have given me a bit of hope,hill was a bit on the steep side but I do a bit of hill walking so it wasn,t too bad....took photo of cottage on other side of hill,Luss Glen, maybe pushing my luck a bit but hey ho what do you think.....Luss Village by Loch Lomond

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Bernard,

The first is a lovely scene, we don't have hills that steep down here, and where we might, they are so 'forested' so you can't see anything from them (or I'm ignorant of them).

I do think it would benefit from some subtle output sharpening though; USM (UnSharp Mask) applied at say; 70%, 0.3px, 1 threshold.

My thoughts on Donald's comment is that while it makes a stronger pictures, it won't be what you remember because you took in the entire scene with the loch (and hills) behind, which is (I guess) what Sharon was describing.

On the second, which is tiny by comparison, I feel there are too many separate and competing pale objects vieing for attention. If you zoom the browser to make it bigger on screen, view in the Lytebox, then hold your left thumb in front of the sheep and your right thumb in front of the barn/sty on right, it simplifies the composition and leaves the house in a good place.

As an alternative, it might be nice to retain the structure on the right, but I feel it is too close to the edge of frame, so if there is room in the original capture to include more that side without bringing other distractions into shot, it might be worth taking out the right hand edge a bit more.

Hope that's further (helpful) food for thought,