Thread: after storm (daily practice)

Real Name
    Lukas

after storm (daily practice)

Hello everyone,
    Today was heavy raining and I just couldn't resist to see the results of the storm. And I want to get better at photography so I will maybe post more often. Any suggestions comments opinions are welcomed and appreciated
    So hope you enjoy.

1)

4)

5)

6)

And I ended up at local teahouse for a cup of himalayan refreshment.
    10)

edit: I've sharpen them and shrunken them to the size that is more suitable as suggested
    Last edited by lukysta; 8th May 2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: add image numbers

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: after storm (daily practice)

Hello Lukas..my friend...how are you?

No four is ma joy.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Lukas,

There are a couple of things you could be doing to encourage more feedback.

Do have a look at this thread How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images for attracting useful comments and critique.

I have numbered the images for you to help people refer to them accurately, but bear in mind that 10 is a lot to expect anything detailed on.

Also, I noticed that every image above is 1599 px on its longest side and this is a sure clue that you are not bothering to downsize (and subsequently sharpen) your pictures before uploading to TinyPic, this means three things;
    a) any picture that is over 1000 px tall likely won't fit on 80% of viewers screens, since they are usually 1050 or 1080 px high, which means they won't see them at optimum sharpness.
    b) if you down downsize and sharpen (e.g. USM 70-100%, 0.3px, 1-2 threshold), nobody sees any image at optimum sharpness
    c) the act of downsizing and sharpening improves the perceived DoF because more of the image detail will fall within the 0.3px radius and get sharpened

Have a look at post #6 in this thread for more information on how to do this; HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

#5 is my favourite.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Lukas

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Mae View Post
    Hello Lukas..my friend...how are you?

No four is ma joy.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Hi Sharon, I'm well thank you, kinda going for longer walks to explore a bit of nature.
    How are you?

Real Name
    Lukas

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Lukas,

There are a couple of things you could be doing to encourage more feedback.

Do have a look at this thread How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images for attracting useful comments and critique.

I have numbered the images for you to help people refer to them accurately, but bear in mind that 10 is a lot to expect anything detailed on.

Also, I noticed that every image above is 1599 px on its longest side and this is a sure clue that you are not bothering to downsize (and subsequently sharpen) your pictures before uploading to TinyPic, this means three things;
    a) any picture that is over 1000 px tall likely won't fit on 80% of viewers screens, since they are usually 1050 or 1080 px high, which means they won't see them at optimum sharpness.
    b) if you down downsize and sharpen (e.g. USM 70-100%, 0.3px, 1-2 threshold), nobody sees any image at optimum sharpness
    c) the act of downsizing and sharpening improves the perceived DoF because more of the image detail will fall within the 0.3px radius and get sharpened

Have a look at post #6 in this thread for more information on how to do this; HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

#5 is my favourite.

Cheers,
    Thanks I will bear this in mind

Real Name
    James

The first and last photos here are amazing! They really are more than the standard rainy day shots! Nice lines and tones.

Real Name
    Eduardo Rijo

All of them are very good ... but mostly like the first...

Real Name
    Gretchen

Daily Practice is a good idea --I've been trying to do that as well. These are nice pictures. I really like the first one. They are all very interesting. I might crop 4, 6 & 10 closer like the grass to show something specifically interesting in each. You could probabaly crop 4 & 6 several times and show many things that a person might not notice in the larger picture.

Good ideas, thanks for the perspective --you've got me thinking. (which *some* might consider a dangerous thing )