Breeze

HP Photosmart R707
    ISO 100
    Focal Length 8mm
    F stop f/2.8
    Exposure 1/194 sec

hpim4655.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 7th May 2012 at 07:53 AM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Breeze

Hi Shavik,
    Firstly, may I wish you a warm welcome to CiC forums from me.

I had a quick look at your other posts and your intention is obviously to improve your photography - that's great, just the kind of person we like and will enjoy being here.

To make the experience here even more useful, please have a read of this post How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images - as that explains, it will assist us to help you more effectively if you provide a little more information with each shot, in addition to the shooting info, which also helps, so thanks for adding that.

It also helps if you can post images inline yourself (I have just done that to yours above) and possibly bigger too, say upto 1000px high and 1600px wide, whichever is the smaller). You can use TinyPic for this, but we have had problems with images mysteriously disappearing, which is the last thing you want, so ideally it means you hosting your images in your own web space and linking to them from here. I use PBase for this, many use Flickr or Picasa - which I have also used (links are to my galleries).

HELP THREAD: How can I post images here? will explain the options available, and how to make these attached images appear inline.

I'll comment on breeze separately in a moment,
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 7th May 2012 at 07:58 AM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Breeze

Hi Shavik,

I didn't want to suggest things your camera cannot do, so I had a quick look at a review of your camera - I see it is quite an old model (circa 2005) with some limitations that, unfortunately, I feel are going to hold you back a bit in developing your hobby in the future.

From the review, I believe you have a limited ability to shoot Aperture Priority, use Auto, or use scene modes only. May I ask which mode did you use to shoot this and why?

Looking at Breeze, I see what I'll call a flag (as the subject), and behind/below it, your garden/back yard, it seems to have been shot late afternoon (or early morning) from the colour of the sun light and length of shadows.

That's quite a busy background and a casual viewer may spend more time looking at the flower pots, lawn and steps than appreciating the flag and the breeze - could you have got down lower with the camera to exclude some of this when shooting? - although there maybe a worse background being hidden

The shutter speed of 1/194s has frozen any ripples in the flag caused by the breeze, which is unfortunate, a slower shutter speed would have helped, but that would have forced a narrower aperture (e.g. f/5.6 or f/8), and that would have led to too sharp a background - as it is, this is good as shot, given the camera's sensor size.

To summarise; focus is good, white balance is good, Depth of Field is good, composition may have been able to be improved, beyond that, the camera is limiting your options I'm afraid.

I do hope this helps,