Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Into the mist

Real Name
    Abhi

Into the mist

A few months ago, I went to visit a tea estate where they grow organic tea. The entire place was covered in mist.

Into the mist

C&C please

Re: Into the mist

I'm not keen on those branches in the top right corner, Abhi.

I think I would slightly crop the top and right side to remove them.

Otherwise, it looks fine to me.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Into the mist

Abhi

I hope you do not object to me illustrating what I want to say by using a copy of your image. If you prefer I did not do this, please say so and I will remove it.

I very much like the subject matter and the composition you have chosen. But, over all, the image seemed a bit dark and bit flat to me. I felt that the midtones and the highlights could be lifted up a bit and that some Local Contrast Enhancement (LCE) would help make it 'pop' by enhancing the texture in the bushes.

For your consideration, this is what I have done on this copy below. I use the GIMP and the work was done using this software.

I adjusted the levels by pulling in the white point and adjusting the mid tones slider. I then transferred this setting into curves and pulled the top up a bit further whilst holding the shadows as that were in your original version.

For LCE I used the GIMPs 'Wavelet Sharpen' tool with the radius set at 1.8 and and the amount at 0.3.

I offer it as a suggestion as another interpretation of your very good image.

Into the mist