Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: What happened here ?

Real Name
    Bobo

What happened here ?

Nothing special type of pic, liked the shape of the 2 trees in the distance and took a shot.

Got the shock of my short photo life on checking it at the computer.

Almost SOOC except for a straight conversion at ACR defaults, and a levels adjust to brighten it up a bit.

I am 100% sure that the leaves were not blue. There is a another one taken just before this one but the blue leaves are less apparent in that one.

What happened and why?

Would appreciate some expert opinion please.

Thanks.

1/40, f5/6, 300mm, ISO200, AWB, Matrix metering, AV, -2/3EC.

What happened here ?

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Re: What happened here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Nothing special type of pic, liked the shape of the 2 trees in the distance and took a shot.

Almost SOOC except for a straight conversion at ACR defaults, and a levels adjust to brighten it up a bit.

I am 100% sure that the leaves were not blue. There is a another one taken just before this one but the blue leaves are less apparent in that one.

What happened and why?

Thanks.

What happened here ?
    Can't help you with your question but, drama queen that I am, I love the way it looks.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I am 100% sure that the leaves were not blue.
    Had you been taking any intoxicating and/or illegal substances in the moments before capturing the image?

Real Name
    Bobo

Yes Kris, the look looks interesting but getting an "over processed" look as someone was complaining about in another thread was not what I was expecting.

Donald - no, only huffing and puffing after a pretty steep walk up.

Real Name
    John

Hi Bobo,
    there must is a very technical reason for the blue leaf's. However, I have no idea what it is.
    I am sure the more experianced members will have the answer.

Soon after I purchased my camera (canon 60D) I accidentally set something wrong or I set something without even knowing I set it and all my pictures came out with this real sick looking green tent to various areas of the picture. I didn't know what to do and it was before I joined here at the forum. So I went to the section on how to reset all setting in the camera to default. Well that took care of the problem but it would have been nice to know what I did wrong, but on the other hand I was just glad to get my camera back fuctioning like it should. Don't know if this would help or not, but it is what happened to me.
    Last edited by Carl in Louisiana; 1st May 2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: I do like the tent yours has better than mine was.

Real Name
    Steve

Are you sure it isn't just white balance or colour temperature.

What happened here ?

Could it be extreme blue fringe

What is this Fringe and can it be avoided/fixed
    Last edited by arith; 1st May 2012 at 09:05 PM.

Real Name
    John

What happened and why?

Thanks.

[IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OD3yULBmoKU/T6AEpuSxkVI/AAAAAAAAGns/BavwHmZjVNg
    /s800/20120501_8320-2.jpg[/IMG]

Looking at the photograph what stikes me is that some of the leaves are blue and others on the same tree are more normal. Also, the blueness is precisely confined to the affected leaves, so it really does look as if that was the colour your camera saw. I can't understand how a camera fault or something in the post processing could produce something like that, and I wonder if it is a biological phenomenon and not a photographic one. I don't know what the trees are and neither does my wife, but her immediate comment was immature foliage.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Try importing the image with the Canon software instead of ACR to see if the cast is still there. ACR has been known to get colours that are off.

I notice that if I zoom in 3 images are available. I'm new to the forum and am not sure what I am seeing. Anyway image 3 has a lower exposure and the blue seems to disappear. The detail in the blue area is higher also. Is it possible that in image 1 and 2 that the blue channel is blown out causing it to be emphasised?

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks for the inputs.

The pic was originally intended for the dustbin but popped it in here due to that strange colour. But will be keeping it now with the comments here in case something like that happens again.