Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Hummingbirds

Real Name
    Kevin

Hummingbirds

Some of my better ones today. Thanks to suggestions provided by some of you I think they are getting better.

Hummingbirds

Hummingbirds

Hummingbirds

Real Name
    james

Re: Hummingbirds

Kevin I like number one best because you were able to catch him with his tail fanned out. Look forward to more. would you care to share your shot setup with an amatuer.

Real Name
    Paul

Much better I would say! Well done. I like #2 the best. Now just get him when the sun is right and he flashes those colors and they will be really fantastic.

Real Name
    Kevin

Thank you Paul. Moving the feeders out of the shade first may help with the colors. I am not the expert James, but for my setup I am using a Nikon D7000 along with the built in flash, and a 70-210mm series E lens which is manual everything. I believe that is equivalent to a 105-315mm on the D7000. I doubt autofocus would have been of any use in this situation but VR may have improved the number of good shots. I do think this lens is starting to grow on me. Camera set to manual, ISO 500 with f11 on the first, and f8 on the last two, with the shutter set at 1/320, and max zoom. I prefocused as well as I could, stood very still, and waited for a shot. More bad shots than good. Only a few were really bad, most just did not have the detail as sharp as others. Mostly focus and DOF problems I think. Hope this helps you.