Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Desert After Rain

Real Name
    Bander

Desert After Rain

hey guys,
    i went on a desert trip after it rained, i took a few shots and i would like your C&C, and please be brutal

i don't even qualify as a novice but i love photography and i want get better at it.
    Desert After Rain
    Desert After Rain
    Desert After Rain

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Desert After Rain

Quote Originally Posted by bander View Post
    i don't even qualify as a novice but i love photography and i want get better at it.
    If this is what you produce even before you become a novice, then I look forward to seeing what you do once you get a bit of experience. I think you are being too modest.

It's all about having a vision of what you want to produce and the creativity to see how to make it happen. If that's driven by a passion for the subject, so much the better. The technical stuff can all be learned along the way.

That blur in the foreground of the first one - have you put it on in post-processing. It looks artificial. I think having all of the foreground in focus would work better.

The second one could maybe do with a bit of lifting of shadow areas, but it's a very sound composition.

On the third one, the very bright bit sticking out at the back left maybe dominates too much. What about either toning it down quite a bit or, perhaps, cloning it out?
    Last edited by Donald; 30th April 2012 at 07:50 PM.

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    If this is what you produce even before you become a novice, then I look forward to seeing what you do once you get a bit of experience. I think you are being too modest.

It's all about having a vision of what you want to produce and the creativity to see how to make it happen. If that's driven by a passion for the subject, so much the better. The technical stuff can all be learned along the way.
    Desert After Rain 100%!

I too believe the compositions are very good, and as Donald has noted a bit of
    Post Processing could go a long ways to bring out the best of each image.
    Last edited by Dizzy; 30th April 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Real Name
    Bander

Thank you guys for the comments.
    I didn't do any post-processing to these images, they are right out of the camera's memory card. I definitely need to pay a visit to the post-processing forum.

Cheers

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Did you use a tilt-shift lens on # 1? I like the effect.

Real Name
    Bander

Hi Kris,
    I don't even know what a Tilt-shift lens is . I used a 105 Nikon Micro lens on a D7000.

Thanks for the comment and i'm glad you liked it.

P.S. I think the boss, wife, and daughter are doing to me exactly what you have written in your signature

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by bander View Post
    I don't even know what a Tilt-shift lens is .
    Bander - Yet again, CiC can come up with the answers. Just click here for all you need to know.

The only other thing you needs to know is ........ they're expensive!