Helpful Posts: 0
30th April 2012, 09:46 AM
New Perfect Photo Suite 6 - any good?
Hi all, I've received an offer for perfect photo suite 6. cost is £125. It sounds impressive but being the old cynic I am can anyone tell me if its a great post processing tool or there are better ones. I already have topaz but was attracted by the layers ability from lightroom resize, perfect portrait and frames.
Features are below. thanks in advance.
Perfect Photo Suite 6 – The next generation plug-in suite from onOne offering everything you need to make your digital photography faster, easier and simply better! Perfect Photo Suite 6, the dramatic new version of onOne Software's award winning product suite offers the best new tools for solving the most common problems faced by photographers today. This major upgrade introduces completely new products Perfect Portrait and Perfect Effects, Perfect Mask, the next generation of Mask Pro, Perfect Layers, in addition to favorites Perfect Resize, FocalPoint and PhotoFrame. And now, you can move effortlessly between applications, for a smoother and faster workflow.
As your workflows have changed, so have our products. All of the products in the Perfect Photo Suite 6 now work directly from Lightroom and Aperture, in addition to Photoshop, and they can even be used on their own.
• Perfect Portrait (new) – Perfect Portrait is a completely new product that offers the latest innovations in portrait retouching for photographers. You can now focus on the art of retouching and portrait creation because the most time consuming tasks have been automated in Perfect Portrait.
• Perfect Layers 2 – Perfect Layers allows you to combine photos for endless creative options. With Perfect Layers you can create and edit multi-layered files directly from Lightroom and Aperture, or even use it as a standalone application. All Perfect Layers files can be edited in Photoshop later giving you complete flexibility in your workflow.
• Perfect Effects (new) – Perfect Effects builds on the popularity of PhotoTools to give you an even faster and more powerful way to create images with impact. Perfect Effects 3 includes a complete library of professional photographic effects that can be previewed live, full screen, on an image before being applied. Perfect Effects 3 now includes blending options that provide even more control over how effects are combined and applied.
• Perfect Resize 7 (the next generation Genuine Fractals) – Perfect Resize 7—powered by Genuine Fractals—is the industry standard for image resizing. It is renowned across the photographic and printing industries for its ability to increase image size well over 1000% without the loss of sharpness or detail that you would normally expect. The patented, fractal based interpolation algorithms works like nothing else and the results speak for themselves.
• Perfect Mask (latest edition) – Perfect Mask 5 is the next generation of Mask Pro, the leading software for background replacement. Perfect Mask takes the core strengths of Mask Pro to another level, by automating many common masking tasks with incredible accuracy.
• PhotoFrame 4.6 Pro (latest edition) – Add the perfect finishing touch to your images with PhotoFrame 4.6. It features hundreds of design elements like film edges, borders, textures, backgrounds and adornments. It even has complete layouts where you just drop your image in and you are done. It's the perfect way to add a realistic darkroom touch with a film edge or to create beautiful album or scrapbook pages. It includes all the tools you need to find the perfect design elements, add them to your image and control things like size, color and opacity. You can even stack multiple elements to create your own designs and save them as a preset you can use in a single-click inside of Photoshop, Lightroom or Aperture.
• Focal Point 2 – You control the focus with FocalPoint 2. Create realistic selective focus, depth-of-field and vignette effects that tell your viewers right where to look. With the intuitive FocusBug controller it is just like using a tilt-shift or selective focus lens right inside of Adobe Photoshop. Set your area of focus and then select a lens to simulate or create your own by controlling the amount and kind of blur, even in 3D. With the new FocusBrush tool you can paint sharpness or blur right where you want it. Finish things off with an elegant vignette. It has never been easier or faster to focus your viewer's eye and minimize distractions.
30th April 2012, 12:03 PM
Re: New Perfect Photo Suite 6 - any good?
Have a look at
There are loads of videos on all aspects of OnOne software
30th April 2012, 04:42 PM
Re: New Perfect Photo Suite 6 - any good?
I'm fairly new on Perfect Studio. Did start with Studio 6. I'm using the Windows version. I have a steady install of Photoshop plus a bunch of plug-ins.
As a product Perfect Studio 6 is pretty cool. A lot of the things you need. The right functionality. The not so good thing s that it is unstable. I can get it crashing in a bunch of ways. So on a busy day it crashes a couple of times a day. It really a shame with such a good product.
But all-in-all I still use it and you get value for your money.