Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tulip Poplar Blossom

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Tulip Poplar Blossom

Still trying to learn new things.

This is a blossom that fell from from the Tulip Poplar Tree. Aparently the Tulip Poplar Tree is the State Tree for both Indiana (1931) and Tennessee (1947).

I have attempted to use a Gradient and a Lens Blur to try to isolate the blossom and Poplar tree leaf from all the biological 'noise' on the forest floor.

Your thoughts?

Tulip Poplar Blossom

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: Tulip Poplar Blossom

Hi Frank.

What an interesting bloom, I have never seen it before.

You are right that there is too much going on around it and it sort of gets lost in there. ( wee soul )

Personally I would wait for another one to fall, take it home where you can clean it up a little and choose a nicely contrasting background and light it the way you choose... that will give it it's day in the spotlight without having to compete and you can show it off at it's best.

Don't forget to buy it lunch!

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Tulip Poplar Blossom

Hi Sharon, I may have to wait for next Spring as I believe this may have been one of the last ones to fall. I couldn't see another blossom in the trees. Most on the ground were too far gone to bother with, but I like your idea! That may have merit in a number of other instances as well!