Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Iris in bloom . . .

Real Name
    Kathy

Iris in bloom . . .

Woke up this morning to see all of these iris blooms . . .
    Feedback is welcome!

Kathy

Iris in bloom . . .

Iris in bloom . . .

Iris in bloom . . .

Iris in bloom . . .

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: Iris in bloom . . .

What a beautiful collection of Irises...amazing colours and those frilly edges.
    Well done Kathy! xx

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Mae View Post
    What a beautiful collection of Irises...amazing colours and those frilly edges.
    Well done Kathy! xx
    Thank you Sharon, coming from you that means so much. I admire your flower photos so much! Thanks again!

Kathy

Real Name
    Sharon

You are very welcome ..and thank you.

Don't be afraid or tentative to play with shadow and highlights with flower s....they will tell you whwn it feels right and you have a great natural eye. xx

Real Name
    Chuck

Kathy, very nice photos. The color and clarity are outstanding. I like the way that you have included stems and leaves, some in focus and some not. For me they are part of the beauty of the plant. I like these much better than the iris you posted with an all black background. Hope I can learn to take photos like these. I'll have to wait a while, we don't have any flowers yet.

Cheers, chuck

Real Name
    Joe

Nicely done Kathy, good color, good detail in the petals. The third I like best because of the crop is not as tight as the others.

Real Name
    Bobo

Lovely shots. Well done.

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Kathy, I am sooooo jealous - the few irises we had in our yard this year are already bloomed out, and most of them didn't even get flowers!!! I did take a few pictures, but nothing like yours. They're gorgeous!
    I guess it got too hot too soon here in Texas.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Teton Chuck View Post
    Kathy, very nice photos. The color and clarity are outstanding. I like the way that you have included stems and leaves, some in focus and some not. For me they are part of the beauty of the plant. I like these much better than the iris you posted with an all black background. Hope I can learn to take photos like these. I'll have to wait a while, we don't have any flowers yet.

Cheers, chuck
    Thank you Chuck, our flowers are about a month ahead of time . . . it seems very strange. Thanks again for the nice comments and for looking!

Kathy

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by jprzybyla View Post
    Nicely done Kathy, good color, good detail in the petals. The third I like best because of the crop is not as tight as the others.
    Joe, I also like the 3rd photo the best. I really like the greenry and buds in the background. Thanks for the nice comments and for looking!

Kathy

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Lovely shots. Well done.
    Thanks Bobo, finally some photos that I am really proud of!! Thanks for looking

Kathy

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Kris V View Post
    Kathy, I am sooooo jealous - the few irises we had in our yard this year are already bloomed out, and most of them didn't even get flowers!!! I did take a few pictures, but nothing like yours. They're gorgeous!
    I guess it got too hot too soon here in Texas.
    Kris, It has been a strange spring these flowers are blooming about a month ahead of time here!! Thanks for taking the time to look and for the nice comments!!

Kathy

Real Name
    Johnny

In #3, I notice the very top of the flower and all the bottom is in good, sharp focus but the top middle is a bit softer in focus. You could try to do a double focus shot, exposing for the middle to top and middle to bottom, then doing a some layer painting to adjust the image so both ranges are definingly sharp.

I also particularly like the last image because you desaturated the values of the greens, thus keeping the eye concentrated on the flower itself which is quite striking.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG View Post
    In #3, I notice the very top of the flower and all the bottom is in good, sharp focus but the top middle is a bit softer in focus. You could try to do a double focus shot, exposing for the middle to top and middle to bottom, then doing a some layer painting to adjust the image so both ranges are definingly sharp.

I also particularly like the last image because you desaturated the values of the greens, thus keeping the eye concentrated on the flower itself which is quite striking.
    Johnny, thanks for looking and for your wonderful advice!!

Kathy