Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Nice House, Nice Tree

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Nice House, Nice Tree

It's autumn down-under and I spotted this scene on Canterbury Rd in Melbourne, just across the road from Canterbury Gardens. I'd be happy to live there !! It's not a photographic masterpiece but I was trying to capture the beauty of the house and tree in the late afternoon light. Comments welcome.

Dave

Nice House, Nice Tree

Real Name
    Eugen

Re: Nice House, Nice Tree

Nice capture Dave

Every day on my way to work, I see some beautiful maple-like trees whose colours are close to yours. I think every time that I really love them in autumn and that I should take some pics ... but the camera is at home...
    And that happens every next day till the leaves are gone ... I think I need to do something about that.

The tree and the house works very well together, spot on

Ha - I've got you red handed, the pic is leaning a bit to the right ... "almost" spot on

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by enaiman View Post
    Nice capture Dave

Every day on my way to work, I see some beautiful maple-like trees whose colours are close to yours. I think every time that I really love them in autumn and that I should take some pics ... but the camera is at home...
    And that happens every next day till the leaves are gone ... I think I need to do something about that.

The tree and the house works very well together, spot on

Ha - I've got you red handed, the pic is leaning a bit to the right ... "almost" spot on
    Thanks for your comments Eugen. Yes I'd imagine you'd have some good specimens of those sorts of trees down there at the moment.

I did some perspective correction on the house and this may have something to do with the verticality. That's my excuse anyway !

Dave

Real Name
    Eugen

It wasn't easy to spot at all and not important. Just for fun

Real Name
    Frank Miller

An architectural delight and the colours in the trees enhance the composition, Dave. Great capture!

Real Name
    Andrew

This is a nice shot. Clear, interesting, well composed and a sense of balance but I'm thinking a bit much towards the tree. In this version the tree has a more dominant portion than the house in size, position and colour. I'm wondering if a shot from the other side of the lot placing the house more up front in the frame might make this a stronger photo. We'd see more of a very interesting house in the foreground as the prime subject while at the same time see the striking colours of the tree on the side. There are lots of colourful trees around but that house is something else.
    Last edited by Andrew1; 24th April 2012 at 03:24 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Thanks Frank and Andrew for your comments. Andrew I see your point about the balance between house and tree. I think I was so taken by the beauty of the tree in the late sunlight when I took the shot that I hadn't really noticed how "picture perfect" the house was.

Dave