Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: whats a good photography beginner book?

whats a good photography beginner book?

I am new to photography and i would like your input on a great book for beginners. I want to head into Digital photography but i want to start manual from the ground up..

thanks in advance

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: whats a good photography beginner book?

Hi Melt,

Probably Scott Kelby's The Digital Photography Book (parts 1, 2, and (shortly) 3).

When you say you want to start "manual", can you give us a bit more insight into what your meaning? Manual Exposure? Manual Focusing? or heaven forbid actually reading a camera manual before operating the camera? (some say that the latter has never been done before!) (or even attempted!).

when i say "manual", i was referring to the basic in photography...

Bryan Peterson's "understanding exposure" and "understanding shutter speeds" are two great starter books.

This one is a good start. I have taken some workshops with Richard Bernabe and he is one of the authors. Richard has a very unique perspective and sets you thinking about how best you can capture those gleeful moments of Mother Nature. Just by taking his workshops I have learned a lot. I'm actually waiting for the 2nd edition of this book which I believe is slated for release later this year (fall?).

Disclaimer: I am in no way related to any of the authors. I just have had the pleasure of learning from them in person and know that they do a good job of teaching photography.

Cheers!
    Sai
    Flickr
    Last edited by Sai C; 9th July 2009 at 07:29 PM.