Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Harlan County Sunset

Real Name
    Kathy

Harlan County Sunset

Took a road trip to my daughters house and this is what I was rewarded with -- the sky was absolutely beautiful!! I had to pull over and take some photos. Let me know what you think!

Kathy

Harlan County Sunset

Harlan County Sunset

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Harlan County Sunset

Kathy: great images, nice colour in the sky, we had some of that to-nite, large low system moving in from the south. However to get back to your images, for me you nailed it with the first one, the crop that you used really works for me. Also it is better defined between the sky and the ground, and items on the horizion on the right hand side better anchor it for me.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Kris Harmon

I really like the first one. The crop, almost 50/50 between the ground and the sky works the best for me. The second one is great too, but the colors in the sky don't seem to be as dynamic as the first sunset.

KHarmon

Real Name
    Kathy

Thank you Allan and Chris, I agree I like the first one the best also, It is just so amazing to watch the colors change in a matter of minutes! Thanks for looking!

Kathy

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Nice soft colors in both but the first one is a winner with its sharp silhouettes on the horizon, Kathy. The crop also works well but as 50% of the image is black I would have shown less black and more color. On the other hand, the black makes an unusual artistic statement.

The cropping of second one makes less of a statement and the out of focus trees on the right attract unwanted attention.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Nice soft colors in both but the first one is a winner with its sharp silhouettes on the horizon, Kathy. The crop also works well but as 50% of the image is black I would have shown less black and more color. On the other hand, the black makes an unusual artistic statement.

The cropping of second one makes less of a statement and the out of focus trees on the right attract unwanted attention.
    Thanks Frank, I really didn't notice how out of focus the second photo was until I posted it on here. I am really pretty happy with the first photo! Thanks for looking!

Kathy

Real Name
    Bobo

That is one kind of sunset I would love to shoot. Well done on both the pics.

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    That is one kind of sunset I would love to shoot. Well done on both the pics.
    Thanks Bobo!!