Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Theme "Presences"

Real Name
    António Correia

Theme "Presences"

At the end of last year I planned a larger theme which I called "Presences".
    This theme - a long running one spaning for about year - is about people who belongs to an Art Association from Setubal and their own work as artists.

I am planning to photograph each and every volunteer and at the end, I hope to be able to make an exhibition where I show, not only my own work but their own, with the publication of a book which will be able to be bought on line.

So far so good. Not very difficult as theme

What do you think about my first attempt ?

Theme "Presences"

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Theme "Presences"

Nice image, one of two things that I see, the white of his left is very bright and as such keeps my eyes going back to that eye, so maybe darken that area down as to not draw as much attention to it. The second thing is what we sometimes call an lazy eye, his right eye is looking in a different direction than his left eye. If this is the case and they wanted the image of their left side becasue the eye is lazy, than maybe turning the head a little more towards you, and instead of looking at the lens maybe looking a little off and pass the lens. Like the lighting, the tones are good, no hot spots again nice image.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    António Correia

Re: Theme "Presences"

Thank you Allan. Nice technical analysis. He has a lazy eye indeed.

But those points are not important (???) in this case. If I have overcome the technical issues so far I have to do the same with the message I want to transmit of this kind of theme.

And in this case the photo is a complete flop, disaster. I have to start from scratch with him doing what he does: photography.

I have thought so before. I said to myself: "What the hell, this is the kind of photo anyone can do ! I have to make something more exquisite. Something where I show his work, actually working, taking pictures ! "

In a couple of hours I will be meeting him and tell about my plan of doing a new and more significant image.