Thread: Shopping centre commission

Real Name
    Lukas

Shopping centre commission

Hi everyone,
    I shot this a long time ago, it was a commission for a brother's friend (unfortunately my brother forgot..), anyway I don't really shoot that much architecture but I would love to read your opinions and suggestions.
    A goal was to shoot constructions and I wanted to approach it a little different and more artistic than make some stock textures.
    I cropped it from full view where whole reflection is to make bigger impact, colors and structure enhanced.

here is bw version

Btw I'm going to Liverpool a week from now, anyone have some suggestions for some interesting places to check? Thanks.

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Shopping centre commission

Pretty good images. I think the colour one works better. IMHO, I would have preferred to see the entire reflection

Real Name
    Julia Crockatt

I agree! can you photoshop the cars out or do you want them there?

Real Name
    Jim

Lukas; will, it's got the BLUE in it for sure! I have a folder of architectural photos that have an amazing amount of blue in them. For some reason architects like blue buildings. B&W image does not work for me. The lower reflections are a distraction.

This kind of shot, which is a detail, is quite specialized, and should not be the primary photo. If you did the entire building, and then accompanied it with some detail photos, then o.k.

Real Name
    Lukas

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Pretty good images. I think the colour one works better. IMHO, I would have preferred to see the entire reflection
    Thanks I will then submit then the full version.

Real Name
    Lukas

Quote Originally Posted by juliac View Post
    I agree! can you photoshop the cars out or do you want them there?
    Thanks, I will play with it.

Real Name
    Lukas

Quote Originally Posted by Designer View Post
    Lukas; will, it's got the BLUE in it for sure! I have a folder of architectural photos that have an amazing amount of blue in them. For some reason architects like blue buildings. B&W image does not work for me. The lower reflections are a distraction.

This kind of shot, which is a detail, is quite specialized, and should not be the primary photo. If you did the entire building, and then accompanied it with some detail photos, then o.k.
    Thanks
    I got the full building of course but I didn't wanted that.. Just opinions on this one, but I can upload it.