Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Blackpool New Lights (day)

Real Name
    Paul

Blackpool New Lights (day)

Here is a quick shot i took while out shopping with my family, whilst we were in Blackpool for a mini holiday it has had a little work done to it in Lightroom. But only a little as i'am just getting started in it again.

Blackpool New Lights (day)

Re: Blackpool New Lights (day)

A good advert for the Yorkshire Bank.

Real Name
    Nigel

Hi Paul,
    A very good image with some striking, bold, shapes. Well handled exposure as there is plenty of detail in the shaded areas and no blown highlights.
    Perhaps cropping the bottom tables and people out would make the picture stronger? If you are feeling confident enough in Lightroom you could even clone out the Yorkshire Bank sign and the 'To Let' poster and see what it looks like. (My cloning attempts pretty useless.)

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CougarFool View Post
    Hi Paul,
    A very good image with some striking, bold, shapes. Well handled exposure as there is plenty of detail in the shaded areas and no blown highlights.
    Perhaps cropping the bottom tables and people out would make the picture stronger? If you are feeling confident enough in Lightroom you could even clone out the Yorkshire Bank sign and the 'To Let' poster and see what it looks like. (My cloning attempts pretty useless.)
    Ahhh at the moment i have not got to grips with the clone tools in Lightroom yet (well in all honesty i have not even started using them yet) i keep meaning to but then think hang on... dare i?...as for cropping out the tables and people personally i think this tells a bit of a story of where these lights are, and also i think it would make the image to small. I am hoping to back to this street at some point and try to get the scene without the tables and everything else, i may be lucky enough to get this scene without the tables and the lights going

Anyway thanks for the positive input i may just have a go at using the clone tools at some point as i find that PS clone tools can be a little clumsy IMO anyway thank-you once again for your pointers Nigel

Paul.