Thread: Leopard

Real Name
    Kath Kirk

Leopard

Iam so lucky to have a sister living in Botswana (ORAPA) with a game Park on her backdoor we came across this male Leopard around 4.14pm hope you like him

kitty-head.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Donald; 9th April 2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Image inserted inline

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Leopard

Beautiful cat and capture. I would have like to see his paws but I am betting they were ubstructed with brush.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Could you tell your sister you have lots of new friends!!

I don't think I've had the chance to welcome you to CiC. So - welcome. Great to have you here.

That is indeed a mighty fine image with which to launch yourself onto the forum.

You'll see I've inserted into your message just so that people can see it at a better size. You're very close to doing all the things that are needed to get your images posted into your messages. If you haven't done so, pop over to the 'How do I post images ..' thread that you can get to from the HELP/Rules tab on the menu bar above.

And then ..... so that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your proper name under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Real Name
    Bobo

Lovely shot for sure. Doubt if many of us will have the opportunity to go where you have been so wildlife shots outside of zoos are really great to see.

As for the pic, a bit of curves adjustment and/or bright/contrast adjustment will make him stand out more. That lovely golden colour does not quite get across atm.

Real Name
    John

Very nice capture.
    I took the liberty of trying Bobo's suggestions and in my opinion they do make the Leopard stand out a little more. But still a nice image.
    Last edited by JPS; 9th April 2012 at 08:10 PM.

Real Name
    Myra

It is unusual to see a stray cat or dog around my house let alone a leopard in the backyard. You'll have to show us more shots that you have taken while visiting with her.

Real Name
    Ken

Great shot.

He looks a) contented, or b) figuring out what part of you he's going to eat first...

Put me on the "like him" list.

Real Name
    Terri

Oh, and I get excited about foxes running through the yard. What a great opportunity for you to observe beautiful animals! Great shot. He's absolutely beautiful!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Very nice composition! I agree with others that you can take this image to the next level by adding some contrast and perhaps increasing the dynamic range, doing both using Levels and Curves or using other methods.