Thread: photomatix

photomatix

hi guys,
    ive got a problem with photomatix. everytime i open a RAW file in photomatix the program freezes. it is really frustrating. has anyone experienced this before??

Real Name
    Russell

Re: photomatix

Hi, Is this with a single file or multi files?
    Also Photomatix IMO works better with Jpegs.
    If Happens with ALL raw files the only suggestion I can make is complete re-install.
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Hi, Is this with a single file or multi files?
    Also Photomatix IMO works better with Jpegs.
    If Happens with ALL raw files the only suggestion I can make is complete re-install.
    Russ
    i was trying to avoid a reinstall but i may have to. I produve an HDR using a RAW file as i am only using a single shot. The Jpeg just doesn't have enough info in the image.
    cheers
    scott

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Scottharris14 View Post
    i was trying to avoid a reinstall but i may have to. I produve an HDR using a RAW file as i am only using a single shot. The Jpeg just doesn't have enough info in the image.
    cheers
    scott
    Are you using the freeware or the full install? I used the freeware a few months ago and you have to convert the RAW files to tiff before you process. RAW files before conversion are just too large. Also, do you have enough system resources to handle the processing?

Real Name
    Darren

Adjust your RAW image to your liking, as it will need some initial work. Then, try exporting that RAW to a 16 bit TIFF and see if that will open up in Photomatix. As Shadowman pointed out, I am also curious to know if you have enough system resources.

Real Name
    Dave

I use Photomatix and my signature shows my PC is not highly specced but it handles 5 DNG files of about 20 Meg each with no problems.

What is the spec of your PC? Do you have a lot of applications running that could be using resources?

Dave