Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Couple From Today For Jeeperman...Snowy Egret

Real Name
    Joe

Snowy Egrets from today...C&C appreciated

A Couple From Today For Jeeperman...Snowy Egret

A Couple From Today For Jeeperman...Snowy Egret
    Last edited by jprzybyla; 4th April 2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Changed title of thread & Posted re-edit #2

Real Name
    Paul

Re: A Couple From Today For Jeeperman...Snowy Egret

The second is a nice shot but that first one.....I am so jealous...green with envy. Really love that first one! Well done Joe, common or not matters little when you have done such a nice job.

Real Name
    Joe

Thanks Paul...I was locked on to the Egret set to photograph it flying because it kept moving from place to place, then it puffed up it feathers. I got off a couple of quick shots. Being in the right place at the right time when something happens. Just dumb luck Jeep.

Real Name
    Paul

Sometimes we as photographers give dumb luck just a little more credit than is due. You found, chased and locked onto him and were positioned to get off a couple shots and have them in focus and correctly exposed. I say well done.

Real Name
    Joe

Much appreciated Jeep...

Real Name
    Stephen Campton-Jones

It looks like you have got one up on the birds.
    Every time I try birds they are never where I am, there is a fly screen in the way (we have a verandah not more than 4' away from some trees where Blue Wrens visit almost daily, but "Her-indoors" (wife) insisted we screen the verandah) and my lens is 3' too short.
    Well done, you must be tickled pink

Real Name
    Joe

Much appreciated Stephen, there is a nature preserve not too far from my house where these were shot. The owner of a large cattle ranch gave the wetlands to the county so as not to pay taxes on it. The county turned it into a fantastic nature preserve.

Real Name
    Stephen Campton-Jones

That is really nice, we need more nature reserves.
    Do you still use your F3?

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Joe you said these were for Paul but I took a peep anyway - and wasn't dis-appointed. They are both great shots in their own way. I particularly like the light in the second.

Dave

Real Name
    Richard

Beautiful shots of beautiful birds. I especially like the lighting on shot two...

I had a big lovely egret land in my backyard last week and it was a magnificent sight only about fifteen feet or so from my bedroom door. I thought that I was being very quiet and sneaky as I grabbed my camera and slowly opened the door to get the shot. I forgot about my Maltese who charged out the door and scared off the intruder. Then they came back to me all proud at what they had accomplished. I had to give them praise, after all that's their job besides being my lap dogs. My Goldendoodle, Holly, slept through the entire ruckus...

Real Name
    james

Joe those are beauties! I have trouble handling all that white. You had no problem with it . fantastic!!

Real Name
    Clive

Well done Joe, you must be chuffed with these. #1 is a real eye catcher, the plumes are well captured. #2 beautiful colour and movement. However, my eye is drawn to the blur at the bottom left of the image and personally if you can I'd give a bit more room on the left for the egret to move into.

But, again well done.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    Joe you said these were for Paul but I took a peep anyway - and wasn't dis-appointed. They are both great shots in their own way. I particularly like the light in the second.

Dave
    Thanks Dave, your viewing and comments are much appreciated.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Beautiful shots of beautiful birds. I especially like the lighting on shot two...

I had a big lovely egret land in my backyard last week and it was a magnificent sight only about fifteen feet or so from my bedroom door. I thought that I was being very quiet and sneaky as I grabbed my camera and slowly opened the door to get the shot. I forgot about my Maltese who charged out the door and scared off the intruder. Then they came back to me all proud at what they had accomplished. I had to give them praise, after all that's their job besides being my lap dogs. My Goldendoodle, Holly, slept through the entire ruckus...
    Thanks Richard, your viewing and comments is appreciated. I admire your rescue work. Your dogs chase off your Egrets and my cats chase Geckos off the screen on my lanai. Pets are so much a part of the family. Our cats travel with us on vacation choosing only houses that will allow us to bring the cats when we rent. I can't imagine life without pets.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jamn4ex View Post
    Joe those are beauties! I have trouble handling all that white. You had no problem with it . fantastic!!
    Thanks James...when I see white in birds my fingers go to set the EC (exoposure compensation) to at least -1.0, sometimes even more if the light is exceptionally bright. That normally controls the highlights with the exposure being brought up in post processing using the histogram to control the highlights. Your viewing and comment is appreciated.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by botspur View Post
    Well done Joe, you must be chuffed with these. #1 is a real eye catcher, the plumes are well captured. #2 beautiful colour and movement. However, my eye is drawn to the blur at the bottom left of the image and personally if you can I'd give a bit more room on the left for the egret to move into.

But, again well done.
    Thanks Clive, you are correct in pointing out the blur and to give the crop more room on the left. I re-edited and re-posted this morning. What a wonderful place Botswana must be for nature photography, as good as Florida is for birds unfortunately there are not elephants or lions. Your viewing and comment is much appreciated.

Real Name
    Clive

Now that's it for me a really good capture. Your Snowy Egret looks a lot like our Little Egret, right down to the black legs and yellow feet.

I must admit I'm spoilt for wildlife especially in some areas of Botswana but I never take it for granted. Only problem is works gets in the way!!

Real Name
    Steve

Have not seen many photo's as good as the top one.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    Have not seen many photo's as good as the top one.
    Much appreciated Steve...I happened to be ready when the Egret shook itself and puffed up the feathers, I was able to get off two frames.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    Sometimes we as photographers give dumb luck just a little more credit than is due. You found, chased and locked onto him and were positioned to get off a couple shots and have them in focus and correctly exposed. I say well done.
    I agree with Paul, Joe.

Great shots!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast