Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RAW pic here, Request to seniors edit it & please share your skills for new students

Real Name
    Sachin

RAW pic here, Request to seniors edit it & please share your skills for new students

Hello
    Thanks to share your views on my last thread....
    Thread: 1st time edit RAW Image by DPP. Need Seniors advice

Here I share my RAW file. Please edit it and share your skills which help new photographers like me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2egaswzks0609dh

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: RAW pic here, Request to seniors edit it & please share your skills for new stude

Hi Sachin,

Here's how I would do it ...

RAW pic here, Request to seniors edit it & please share your skills for new students

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Re: RAW pic here, Request to seniors edit it & please share your skills for new stude

I would make more of the reflections on the water to make a nice base -and get in tighter to enhance the bridge and crop to enhance the expanse of the bridge and lose that blown building at camera right which is distracting.

Rough low res example -

WW

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

haha!

Completely opposite interpretations in all key facets!

I went warm; and spooky; and leading into the bridge.

You went cold; and detailed; and drifting the viewer's eye away from it.

WW

Real Name

OK here we go - with a little "fun re-interpretation" ... (Be sure to click on image for big view)

Last edited by Colin Southern; 3rd April 2012 at 08:15 AM.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by William W View Post
    haha!

Completely opposite interpretations in all key facets!

I went warm; and spooky; and leading into the bridge.

You went cold; and detailed; and drifting the viewer's eye away from it.

WW
    Soon fix that ^^^

Real Name
    Paul

It is interesting to see the different directions different people take. I am sure there will be many.

Last edited by jeeperman; 3rd April 2012 at 05:51 AM.

Real Name
    Tobias Weber

It's really great to see how differently people decide to edit.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

And here's another !!

Real Name
    Sachin

Really thanks.
    It looks so beautiful and creative.

Real Name
    Philip

I like reflections on water, so I would make the river at least half of the crop -

Philip

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

The "Twin Bridge" is just insane - I love it.

I also had a "Night Time" theme edit which I did but I liked the warm spooky one better, but as I have already done it might as well post it.

Low res sample here -

WW

Hey its really beautiful photo with many colours and reflection.

Edited photos are best and with different shades.

First time i got chance to handle RAW image. this function is not in my camera.... I will try my best.....

Real Name
    dave keeley

Not a lot wrong with the exposure, personally I do not like the orange glow in city shots, this may have benifited from an earlier exposure when there is still some blue in the sky.
    Opened the file in ACR, tweaked the exposure and a little shaprening & straightening. Then played around with the black and white conversion some dodging and burning in PS

Its very difficult to handle such file..... Maybe because first time I am using Raw file. Above editors are really best in editing.
    I want to do sky black but dont know.... because i am also new like Sachin......

Real Name
    Allan Short

A very good learning experence, alot of looks great, but what if's, were done. Thanks Sachin for letting all of us have a go at your image. Again a great learning experence. To those from London am I close to what it may look like at night.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Sachin

Thanks friends.....

Every image is different & looking beautiful.

Now i need to concentrate more on photography and study editing also.

Really thanks again to share your editing skills here.

Thanks for sharing your image. Here is my attemp at another B & W.
    Last edited by Carl in Louisiana; 5th April 2012 at 12:11 AM.

Real Name
    Mars

Wow! This is a great idea!
    It's very interesting to see how many variations come from 1 image. I learned a lot!

Real Name
    Steve

I like this bridge;

Opened in ACR and instead of using recovery I used -1.05 exposure; if I can still see bumps I know there is detail.

Used auto white balance on 16 bit.

Used mostly Topaz on 16 bit.

Helicon to crop, clone and straighten all 16 bit.

Then a bit of trickery in PSE10 in 8 bit.

1900px wide but I've got a 6000 x 4242 and don't know how to get it up here.

the sky is a bit dodgy, I replaced the colour 16 bit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast