Thread: Help. Mr D! We are besieged!

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Help. Mr D! We are besieged!

Mr D! MrD! they are swarming down upon us from the Hills. Please send your Black Watch with pipers to repel them! If they are not available, could we perhaps borrow your gold pocket watch instead?
    Okay enough with the bad jokes. Here is the problem. This was a great sight, well worth a shot. However there was just so many of them but what one saw is not what one got as an image. The impact just did not translate to the camera card. But, showing a little Enterpise, as I would say to Captain Piccard, " So, just how do I make it so?"
    Thanks for viewing and any advice would be most welcome
    old ucci

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Help. Mr D! We are besieged!

Ach awa' ye go, laddie. They're just a few wee beasties.

My first reaction is that this is one of those scenes that it is a good to see and appreciate, but that will rarely, if ever, translate into a good picture.

Real Name
    Richard

Sometimes less is more. I think that if you had a long focal length lens and were able to crop in the camera eliminating a lot of foreground, area to the right of the image without the roos and to crop out a lot of the sky (even at the expense of losing the top of the tree) the mass of roos would look more imposing.

That must have been some sight!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Ken,

How's this?

I think it makes a better story picture for most of us, but if you know the area, it is perhaps messing too much with reality?

Cheers,

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Thank you for your helpful comments, Gentlemen. I guess the answer lies with Mr D. Sometimes it is best to leave well enough alone and just enjoy the view, and not waste your film, even if it is only digital.
    The problem for me was sheer greed. I wanted it all, both the roos' and the vista of the hill and trees. But not all things are possible.
    old ucci

Real Name
    Steve

wowzers ya don't see that everyday. I think I would be making my escape; I don't know what it is about wild animals but they always seem to head in my direction. Even had a bird trying to feed me once; so there is no way I'm waiting for that lot.