Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Starting Out

Real Name
    Jason

Starting Out

Hello,

My 11 year old son has started to come along with me when I go out taking photos, he comes along with our Nikon L110 point and shoot, which has quite a nice close up function. I have observed Dan while he is looking around and taking pictures and he doesn't just see something and go straight for the shot, he takes a bit of time and looks around for a good position and sets himself up, already having an idea of what he wants. An example that I should be following . This shot I think is great and thought I would share, there is a little bit of PP in PS, all under Dans' guidance as I did not want to influence him with what I thought.

Cheers

J

Starting Out

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Starting Out

That's wonderful. Good on him. And please tell him I said so. That's really creative and artistic.

The only thing I'd maybe tell Dan to think about, is cloning out that stalk that creeps into the frame at the right hand side.

And tell Dan that we want to see more of his pictures on here and to keep practicing and practicing.

Real Name
    Jason

Re: Starting Out

Thanks Donald,

Daniel read your post and is quite chuffed, so thank you for the kind words. He was very curious what you meant by cloning so I showed him what it meant. Now I am going to have to start showing him through Photoshop and knowing how quickly the young pick up things, there is no doubt that sooner than later I will be asking him to show me how to do things.

Cheers

J