Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: PSE-10 Elements Organizer Updating

Real Name
    Richard

PSE-10 Elements Organizer Updating

It seems that whenever I open PSE-10, I get a notice that Elements Organizer is updating. This is a tedious slow process and usually takes up to three to five minutes before I can use the PSE-10.

I would like to eliminate use of the Organizer totally but, am afraid because I once tried that and the darn Elements program would not reopen after I shut it down except if I logged off before reopening it.

I tried to get help from Adobe on this matter but the Indian Mystics they have manning their help desk had absolutely no idea what I was talking about nor any way to help me.

Real Name
    Ginny King

Re: PSE-10 Elements Organizer Updating

I just had the same problem. I had to remove the program and reinstall...deleted everything out of the organizer. My problem (I assumed) was I overloaded it by directly uploading hundreds of RAW files to PS10. I now upload to my Canon program, and only load into the organizer the shots I want to keep after I have edited in PS10.

Let me know if you get an answer. I figured I did something wrong, but now am beginning to think there is a glitch in the program.

Real Name
    David Morton

I have PSE-8 and do not have this problem. I seem to be one of the few people who like the organizer. I have hundreds (maybe thousands) of photos in it and it starts straight away. Maybe things have changed in PSE-10?

What you are describing certainly isn't the normal mode of operation for any version of PSE. The fact that it constantly thinks it needs to update makes me think that it is either corrupted or you have a bad registry entry. I would suggest that you uninstall and reinstall, preferably from a new download. Probably be best to uninstall then run something like ccleaner (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) to check your registry before you reinstall.

Real Name
    Ginny King

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
    I have PSE-8 and do not have this problem. I seem to be one of the few people who like the organizer. I have hundreds (maybe thousands) of photos in it and it starts straight away. Maybe things have changed in PSE-10?
    Hi David, I never had a problem with my earlier versions either. Just PSE-10. I fixed it with an uninstall, but I am avoiding using the Organizer again.

Real Name
    Fred Polzin

Would I only had read dis Thread few weeks earlier could have saved myself alot of money.I have the same
    problem like you people.If I exit the orginizer on my PC I can only open the programm again when the PC
    is restarted.The programm was also installed on my laptop and after realising there is a problem I unistalled it
    with the result that it wiped out most of my desktop icons.Ther is definitely something wrong with PSE-10.
    For now I stick with PSE-8 works like a charm.