Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Around the corner

Real Name
    Mohamed

Around the corner

Hey y'll !

So this is my first post and I would like to explain first how and why I shot this image. I was basically on a bus and I wanted to see what happens when I lock the camera on cars while turning around corners and all with a kind of longer exposure. I got so many pictures that day but this one I believe is kind of artsy.

On one hand, I find it very pleasant to my eyes. The composition -I think- is OK. The mixture of the colors on the upper part is fine and sort of relaxing. The whole panning effect makes you spend little time trying to figure out what was happening and how it was shot -- in a nice way I believe.

On the other hand, I realize that there isn't any specific object at all the eye could focus on.

What I'm really after is your first impression. At the first sight, did you see a "work of art" or simply failed attempts. Then you're most welcome to share any other comments you have in mind after having a bit deeper look.

I like harsh critiques so feel free to express your opinion just the way it is. Nothing will be missed understood. just cut to the chase : )

So..here's the pic:

Around the corner

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Around the corner

I think it is very obvious that this is an image it was intended to create. So, it certainly does not seem like an accident.

May I also take this opportunity to congratulate and compliment on coming straight into CiC with your first post that is not only an image, but also one to which you have applied much thought and critical analysis. Those attributes are, I think, the key to successful learning and development.

I think that is a highly original creation that works well. It comprises a good and, in my view, complimentary tones. I think this helps make it work as it does. It is abstract, but not so divorced from reality that we cannot see what the central subject is. I think that is good.

Finally, welcome to CiC Mohamed. I hope you enjoy being part of this forum and will be an active member into the future.

Real Name
    Mohamed

Re: Around the corner

Thanks so much for your reply. Much appreciated.

I had been through many posts here before I join CiC and I really like the spirit around here. There is so much to learn and share. I also noticed it's very interactive. I'm looking forward to get more involved.