Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Forgotten Ones...

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

The Forgotten Ones...

Hi all, finally manged to have time with my Canon a few days ago, after having a day off from work, and having all the round house jobs done. And i thought to myself where or what to shoot. I deicded to go visit my grandparents grave today so i thought why not look through there and see what possibilities i could shoot. After spending some time talking to my grandparents i walked around the grave yard, and it came to my attention that there is a few grave sites that looks like it has been forgotten. And most of these where sadly childrens graves. I must be honest, i was getting choked up about these sites, so i decided, while feeling the very sad, to take a few shoots of them. Hence the reason i titled them "The forgotten ones..."

The Forgotten Ones...

The Forgotten Ones...

Nesxt time, i will use a better aprature for a nice depth of field(belive thats right, my brain isnt working) to blurr out the surroundings. the weather looked as though it was going to rain, so i decided to pack up and leave.

As normal i would like your advice and input
    thanks
    PS. Just noticed the white line in the second photograph, hmm. Believe CS5 did that as i had to blend a few images together. Ill fix that later on, after all, im learning
    Last edited by allenlennon; 21st March 2012 at 06:51 AM.

Real Name
    Kerry

Re: The Forgotten Ones...

Thanks for sharing Allen. Your photos really portray the sadness felt in a cemetery. It looks like some of those grave sites have been around for a long time. I like the B & W finish on these too.

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

Re: The Forgotten Ones...

Thank yOu kezmal. I knew before I shot these that it has to be B&W. And I'm glad to hear that my Purpurse of these to portray the sadness behind them. Always sad to see these graves and especially the kids graves new or old.